An active 2011 storm season has left many homeowners with damaged roofs across the entire United States. Estimates for hail damage alone are ranging from $1.5-$2 billion. It is important for home owners to have their roof inspected by their insurance company after any major storm events.
Here are a few tips to help you spot damage on your roof
- Do you notice dents or pitting in the bottom of your gutters?
- Do you notice dimples, dents, fresh black tar spots or bruises in your roof’s surface?
- Do you see any cracks in the exterior of your skylights?
- Are other caps or flashings dented or displaced?
- Do you notice a large amount of black materials at the bottom of your gutter down spouts ?
If your notice any of the items above you should have your roof professionally inspected. Most times this is done free of charge by roofing companies and insurance agencies.
Check out this video of some extreme roof hail damage in Maryland: